Dental Sealants Safeguard Kids & Adults From Decay-Causing Bacteria
As your dentist in Burlington, we always have your, and your family’s, best interest in mind. It’s our job to help you keep healthy – in body and smile – and all of us at It's Dental Time take this very seriously. With a preventive view in everything we do, our goal is to intercept oral health issues before they happen … to keep you smiling.
Prevention includes (but is not limited to):
- Regular Checkups – We’ll schedule your regular dental recall appointments according to your level of health. Here’s what we’ll do at your recall visit:
- Check your gum health – We’ll always take a look at your gums and check their color, the pocket depths, how well they support your teeth, if there’s any infection (gingivitis or early gum disease and/or periodontitis or advanced gum disease)
- Check your tooth health – Do you have any chips, cracks, or decay? And if so, how do we fix the damage to prevent further deterioration and pain and restore function and beauty?
- Ensure restorations are sound – Restorations such as crowns, fillings, bridges, and bonding don’t last forever. We’ll make sure everything is working as it should so that your smile health isn’t compromised.
- Education – If we see any problem areas, we’ll explain the cause and explain why repair is necessary. We’ll also discuss with you a proposed treatment so that together, we can intercept any future damage or further unnecessary damage.
Aside from regular checkups, one of the most-simple things you can do for your oral health – besides keeping an excellent home care routine of brushing at least twice a day and flossing once a day – is to consider dental sealants for yourself and your children.