Root Canal Therapy Can Help Save Your Smile
Root canal therapy, also known as endodontic treatment, is a dental procedure used to treat infections of the tissue inside the tooth. At It's Dental Time in Burlington, we’re proud to offer our patients this restorative service to remove pain, eradicate infection, and protect their smile!
What symptoms are associated with the need for root canal therapy?
If you are experiencing pain when chewing, sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, swelling of the gums, and/or discolouration of your tooth, it is important to call us right away to arrange a thorough and timely examination.
What benefits does this procedure offer?
- Reduces or eliminates oral discomfort caused by infection and decay in the pulp of a tooth
- Eliminates the risk of infection spreading to other teeth and other parts of your body through the bloodstream
- Preserves your healthy teeth where possible, instead of opting for extraction
- Helps you retain your natural smile without signs of dental damage.
Can anyone with the symptoms above benefit from root canal therapy?
In many cases, yes. Root canal therapy can be a great option for those suffering from infection and decay in the pulp of their tooth. It can also be beneficial for patients who have suffered an injury that may have damaged the dental pulp.
What's the necessary aftercare following this procedure?
Once root canal therapy is completed, it's important to maintain proper oral hygiene and regular check-ups with your dentist. This will help ensure that the infected or damaged part of the tooth does not become re-infected in the future. It's also recommended that patients protect their tooth with a dental crown, as this durable restoration will provide long-lasting support and protection.
If you think you may need root canal therapy, don't hesitate to contact us today! Our friendly staff is here to help!
Contact It's Dental Time About Root Canal Therapy Today!
- Save your tooth from extraction
- Alleviate pain
- Prevent or treat infections
- Protect your smile
- Prioritize your oral and overall health!